Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was on here a few years back when I bought the wife a 99 Disco II. Used many threads from great owners to help me fix rear air bags, 3 amigos, catastrophic over heat and normal service issues and many other items, it was one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I've been a part of.

Well the wife has been beating me after I sold the Disco in 2011, so I'm about to trade my 04 Dodge ram 4.7 crew cab with 156K miles for an 03 Disco SE 7 with 77K miles. Anyway I'll soon be back in the Land Rover game and looking for knowledge to fix more stuff...at least I get the wife off my butt!:laugh

·
Administrator
2,422 Posts
2003s always scare me (oil pump)
I assume you know about the v.i.n. range for oil pumps issues?
Just so you know
Otherwise not much different than you had before.
Welcome back

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up as I was not aware of the oil pump issue, was assuming the drive shaft issue was the same as my 99, ie required to be rebuilt but I'll check it out. She is a little rough but I traded my 04 Dodge Ram 1500 with 157K miles on it so I took on a little bit of a challenge. On the drive home I was quickly reminded of how I felt like a King in the Disco, sitting up high with tremendous visibility.

vin 3A784608 / how can I check for the oil pump issue?

Found it, GULP... 'The VIN range is all 2003 Discoverys ending with 3A771801 – 3A808362'

Thanks - OJ

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.