Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rover 2000TC

The 3500 P6 Rover was much better. The 2000 was always a little underpowered even with the twin carb set up. The P6 was only the second vehicle in the Rover line up that had the Buick derived "little" V8. High reving light weight and sweet sounding, that engine went on to power multitude of Landrover products. Even had an incarnation myself in a Rover SD1.

It was a sad day here on this side of the pond when Rover finally killed it off. :bawling:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some years ago I has a 3500 V8 P6. Without doubt the most comfortable car I have every driven. On a long run it did 25 mpg (imperial), but only 15 mpg around town.
It had very sophisticated suspension, with a de-dion rear axel that was anti squat, with horizontal front springs connected via 90 degree links that were aranged in an anti dive setup. A supereb handling car, but very heavy which made it a very safe car. someone ran into the back of mine, while I was stationary, at 35 mph! His car was a total write-off, mine had a bent bumper and boot lid!
Wonder if there are any good ones left?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts