Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here run the rovertym time 2" lift with OME shocks. If so tell me how you like it!!! i want all the info and feedback i can get before i go and buy the lift myself! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So noone here runs this lift??? I know someone has to!!!

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
A buddy of mine runs 2" RTE springs on a DII. He is swapping out for 5" and going BIG. But I've wheeled with him many times & haven't heard any complaints. Another buddy runs 'em with dislocation cones. Most of the guys out here running 2" RTEs are running cones in the rear. Not really articulation pics, but here's a DI w/ 2" RTEs and cones:

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my '04, I'm running the Rovertym 2" springs on the rear and moved the OE rear springs to the front. Kept the stock shocks at both ends. That raised the truck almost 3" both ends.

Ride is a bit stiffer.

Due to caster angle change and the much stiffer variable rate springs in the front, I now have a truck that "wanders" a bit on the highway following ruts in the pavement.

Off-road it's awesome.

And since I'm now retired the truck spends at least 1/3 of its life in the dirt - It works great for me....

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I am in fact running 2" RTE springs with OME Shocks.
They are the "Long Travel" shocks. Not a bad combination but the rear shocks top out a bit too much. I'm running this on a D2 so the shock mount relocation is not readily available.
I don't have any wandering issues with this set up.
This combo gave me about 2 5/8" of lift.
That's not my belly!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Jeez, dude- you need to get that rear to stuff better than that... Your shocks are too long in shaft instead of the shock body. (insert 'long shaft' jokes here).
I installed the RTE front and rears on an 04 for someone else and thought the ride was harsh and the lift was too high to avoid the driveline issues that creep in often over 2" of lift. If you want stiff, they are the best spring out there for that. Since there aren't DII shock relocation kits, you'll want an extended body shock- stock length shocks would self destruct from topping out HARD with those springs.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Next time you're under there- take a look at the routing of the ABS sensor lines. I think there's a way to re-route them instead of installing the extenders. I bought the extenders (which are REALLY long and annoying) but I think it's possible to get the length just by re-routing. When I test it, I'll let you know how I did it... I hate those long expensive extensions. As for the lines- I got those already... have some left if you want some.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Sure, I can take those lines off your hands. Now get this, did a little light wheeling today and set another freaking abs code. This right after i fixed a rear hub and had the code reset Friday.
Let's see, this is 4 trips at 120 miles each way so far to get codes read and reset.
I gotta say the LR ABS system really sucks. This **** is getting old.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
same sensor trip it again?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Muddy Oval said:
same sensor trip it again?
I don't think so. I replaced a hub that was actually so bad it was leaking through the bearing. I replaced the sensor with it.
When they reset it they went through and cleared several faults. In hindsight I should have noted them down. All of them were hub/sensor related.
I really don't mind fixing this stuff, it's the 2 hour ride just to find out what the hell it is that pisses me off.
The one fault that comes to mind is the right front air gap to large fault. That's one of the hubs I haven't replaced yet.
Opps, looks like I hi-jacked this thread!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.