Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here run 3" lift rovertym springs. I am about to purchase some and i wanted some opinions. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! keep "Roving" and informing!!!

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Im running OME shocks/springs with the 3" setup that John and Ho told me to. Im also curious if anyone has had both RTE springs and OME springs and prefers one over the other and why?

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you happy with the rovertym springs...how is the on-road ride quality...and what all did you have to do other than add springs and shocks?

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i am...what all did you have to do other than install new springs and shocks? did you have to trim anything? what size tires are you running...i may end up going with OME

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Yes, my OME lift is awesome! Eventhough I am running the HD springs & shocks up front, it increased my ride quality substantially, I dont believe it was too stiff either, but by now I dont remember the difference. It only required replacement of the springs and shocks, I did the installation on my friends D1 (same setup) and it was very easy (about 4 hours), I also opted to get an OME steering stablizer when I was at it. I didnt have to replace the driveshaft/s or anything else. You dont need to alter/trim anything for just the lift.

I am running 265/75-16 BFG M/T's, to be able to turn my steering wheel I had to trim the inside fender guard-things to about half way up the bumper so it would clear them under full articulation and trim the lower edge of the bumper a bit, otherwise, there are no other modifications required.

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you getting 3 full inches of lift from the OME springs...and what springs are you using exactly? thanks for all this info....i may model my lift after yours!!

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Yes I am getting 3" of lift, though I dont yet have a HD bar and winch, so I expect the front to drop a hair (though it might not with the HD springs&shocks).

I am using this combo, I believe its the most popular DII combo w/ OME;

-3" OME Lift
751 Heavy Duty Disco I springs front,
781 Heavy/Medium Duty springs + 1" EE spacer
N107 shocks front
N108 shocks rear.
SD02 Steering Stabilizer

Side Shot;

Comparison shots w/ stock tires;
Before;

After;

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
keep rocking keptin.... That jump is awsome!! Dweeb sucks(well that's what i've heard)!!! You need to come to Colorado to wheel...

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I would love to....buts its an ass drive half the way, its not that im too young to appreciate the scenery, its that there is no scenery untill you get half way there. We have been driving to salt lake the past two winters, and drove to CO. once.....it was a long and painful journey. Though the last trip to salt lake was sort of interesting because I was able to drive some of it. Driving through nevada is awesome off the road, but on it its boring as hell. The same landscape for seven hours....

Ive got a master plan in the works, it starts with becoming an orthodontist, then buying a small freight plane to fly my rover wherever I want to go. All my rover buddies can come too, maybe ill just get one of those Antinovs on the other thread so I can fly everyone at LRO.com, and thier rovers.

:rellye (thats you as the copilot talking to the tower to get us to taxi to a runway, im err......increasing the throttle?)

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Rock on.. you have a hell of a plan!!!!! Hope it all turns out for you!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.