Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 1993 range rover lwb - Roman Bronze
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting question.
Going 70mph what should the rpm read? Also if the rpm is too high ( whatever reading that is )...what is that a sign to do

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
There are several bits of key information needed. Do you have the stock 205/80R16 tires on the vehicle? Are the differential gears the stock ring and pinion? If all of that is the same, there are calculators online that will give you the information you are looking for. I did a bit of the work for you using the following:

Stock gears - 3.54
Stock tires - 28.9" tall (205/80R16)
4th gear tranny ratio - 0.73 (0.7281 rounded)
Speed - 70 mph

That info gives 2,103 RPMs

Here are the calculators I use - best I've found.
Calculators

Colin

· Registered
5,761 Posts
There are several bits of key information needed. Do you have the stock 205/80R16 tires on the vehicle? Are the differential gears the stock ring and pinion? If all of that is the same, there are calculators online that will give you the information you are looking for. I did a bit of the work for you using the following:

Stock gears - 3.54
Stock tires - 28.9" tall (205/80R16)
4th gear tranny ratio - 0.73 (0.7281 rounded)
Speed - 70 mph

That info gives 2,103 RPMs

Here are the calculators I use - best I've found.
Calculators

Colin
What about the gearing in the transfer case. Also you need to use the rolling radius for the tyre, not the static one. I think you will find that the revs end up being around 20% higher than you calculated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.