Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Went tostart up my 95 Disco and when it is in park RPM'S are around 1500 with a/c off 1100 or so with ac on What made it do this all the sudden? Any ideas Let me know I just changed Stepper motor So thats ruled out .

Thanks Eric

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
What happens when you turn on you A/c is it takes extra horsepower to drive it, therefore, at idle you will lose rpm's. This can also be used to your advantage if you are off-road and have to come down a steep hill. By turning on your a/c it makes the engine work a little harder and slows you down just that little bit more. BTW, the reverse also applies. If you are going up a steep hill, switch your a/c (if you have it on) off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been having this problem as well. It happened a while back, high revs in P and N, then they would drop when in gear. Took it to the dealer and 120 bucks later, they said it was the stepper motor. Well it only fixed it for a while then last month is started to act up again when I was off road in Diff lock. I cleaned the intake, plenum, around the mass air flow sensor, everything in there. Nothing. I'm about to look at the stepper again but looks like ill just have to take it to the dealer again. :mad: I guess it's the price you gotta pay to drive such an awesome truck. Let me know what happens with it, I'm very curious. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I am starting to believe the answer to this question is on the shelf behind the formula to cure cancer.

For three years now, I have the same problem.

I have changed the Idle Air Control Valve twice, stepper motor, vac hoses, plugs, wires, cleaned out the intake, plenum... rebuilt the throttle linkage... I still have the problem. Now, it is more a problem with low idle than high.

I just keep a small amount of pressure on the pedal at idle.

I have been told the injectors might be the cause... I have checked the Mass Air Flow Meter and after pricing it... I can manage with the foot/ pedal fix for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.