Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's war paint.....

I've seen them on my axles (not on the diff cover) but I don't know what they mean.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
LRR219 said:
Have You Had The Vehicle Since New, I Have Seen Junk Yards And Such Use Markings Like This To Identify Axles, Cuase They Keep Em All Together In Piles, Ya Know!
Junkyards usually use yellow stripes or numbers, the three markings on the axle is a LR factory thing.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
130CC said:
Andy there is something very wrong with your Rangie.
Where are the oil leaks?
Adam
That garage floor is so clean it's sterile ! Well done. You could eat off the floor. Mine, on the other hand, is currently being used by CDC to breed various alien cultures.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paint marks on the axels...

Iv'e just checked the rear axel & they have paint marks also?

Hmmm...must mean something to someone???

As far as I know the axels are original.

Come on, everyone go outside & check out their axels, lets see how many of us have these marks......

·
Registered
60 Posts
The paint marks are used in the factory to signify that a certain operation has been completed, for example, add oil, torque nuts, check gear lash etc.

They use good paint on both the axle tubes & for the inspection marks, my 1990 driven in the salty northeast looks like the day it rolled off the Solihull line.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The paint marks are used in the factory to signify that a certain operation has been completed, for example, add oil, torque nuts, check gear lash etc.

They use good paint on both the axle tubes & for the inspection marks, my 1990 driven in the salty northeast looks like the day it rolled off the Solihull line.
Figures they used good paint for this, but nothing else on teh underbody. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Disco said:
Does this mean the the LR factory is a junkyard? Now I'm starting to get worried! :D
Yeah, but wouldn't that explain a LOT OF THINGS?????:shifty:

HMMMMMMMMMM?

BTW, I have the paint marks, too. Best paint on the old '88.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.