Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my 90 RRC and very gradually throughout the month there has been a hesitation that has accumulated while it's under cruising speeds. This is not hesitation during take-off, but a strange on and off lagginess while i'm driving down the road. I've cleaned the MAF sensor, cleaned the throttle plate, checked and cleaned the tps. So those are not the cause. Yesterday however I found while I was driving with my lights on that it seems to happen more and stumble more when electronics are in use. (i.e. headlights on or while i'm rolling up or down the windows) So I played around with it and while going down the road at around 50mph I started to play with the windows and it would hesitate and stumble every time I pressed the window switches. Makes me wonder if it is an electrical problem, but I am no good when it comes to electrics, so here I am, anybody have a clue? I would gladly appreciate your help. Thanks!
Kirk out~

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like bad grounds. I added a ground wire from my alternator bracket to the negative battery terminal, and another from the engine to the frame (this is in addition to what Land Rover did from the factory) and it cured several driveability issues for me. Worth investigating anyway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts