Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new on here and was wondering if I could pick your expert brains. I’ve got a 93 RRC lwb. I just replaced the abs pump. Upon ignition it pumped, built pressure and the brakes seemed to work. (Just test fitting, not held them yet) I turned it off. Upon trying again the pump would not come on. I depressurised via pedal pumping, thinking the pump would kick in. Nothing. Disconnected the pump, ran a feed direct. The pump kicked in. Checked for power at the pump (round plug). No power there. The relays click when ignition is turned. But pump fails to kick on. Where do I go from here? The vehicle has been sat for some time. A stuck valve in the abs block could cause this? It worked when first installed and test ran. But suddenly nothing. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. I’d love to crack on with restoring the old girl. Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
The fact that the relay clicks doesnt give you the certainty that it closes the contact too, if no power at the punp it's something wrong on that circuit, as @tyl604 suggested make sure that the main fuse MF6 is not blown and if it isn't check the feed on that path as in the diagram attached(no worries the '93's scheme is the same) put new relay to be 100% ruled out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts