Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory fog lights quit working on my 1995 LWB RRC. They were working fine until I needed the lights on Monday! The fog light switch does not illuminate now when you push it and actual the fog lights do not come on.
I've got power at Fascia Fusebox: Fuse #10 (10A) & Engine Compartment Fuse #2 (20A). I checked all my other headlamp fuses and they are fine.
I checked the relay and with the headlamps on low beam, I have power at pin 30. And I have a good ground on 85. I have NO power at 86. I jumped 30 & 87 and my lamps came on. I just picked up a new switch and tried another relay with no luck. Any suggestions on getting these things to work?
Thanks,
Len

· Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you may have a broken ground wire under the spoiler where the fog lights quick-connect to the harness - when you jumpered two pins and they came on that is because you created a solid ground by this action. I replaced my fog light wiring harness at about 120,000 and discovered the parts of the wires that were exposed to the elements were extremely brittle and ready to break... -Denver Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.