Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the site, about a year, and a lurker.

Anyway, I'm looking at 94 and 95 RRC's.

Does anyone know of a reputable mechanic out there to take/send the truck too for major work? I live in Atlanta, I don't mind shipping the truck. The engine would be the main replacement...but paint, coil spring, and electrical work could be possibilities depending on the condition of the truck.

I have a kid who turns 16 in a year and we're going to have to buy a 3rd vehicle and I'd do some horse trading with him and the wife. Just got rid of my '12 RR for her and I miss it!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Best bet is google, then start visiting shops. If there aren't a bunch of Rovers in the lot or bays, keep going.

Lots of mechanics wont touch them. Some will, but only because they need the work, but aren't really up to speed. Then you have the guys that work on them all the time. Expect to pay a premium for this one.

The Rover isn't a great truck for someone that can't do a decent part of their own work- unless that is, you have a thick wallet and a passion for the truck. You gotta be willing to spend $25K on a $12K truck and be OK with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts