Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Rubicon(the trail, not the jeep) all that its cracked up to be? Most of the pics that I have seen look chalenging, but nothing super amazing. Is it over hyped, or its it all that it is cracked up to be?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Nick,
You should get a group of Rovers and paln on a trip next summer. It is all it is made out to be, will take 3 days to run along with a few parts and some carnage.
If you are well modified, you will love it.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I live right next to the rubicon, and have attempted it with my DII. The back end is a little lame, but the starting point (depending on how you look at it) is amazing. We went to granite slab, rubicon and played around for a day. I will definatly agree that its not without carnage. We played it real carful (because I dont have sliders and im not ready to destroy my DII) and managed to get 1.5 miles in 3 hours (though we had no idea where we were going so im sure that slowed stuff down) with one diff hit as the only damage.....I dont have diff plates, but it didnt pierce, but there was a large bang when it hit. The cool thing about the rubicon nowadays is that you can make it as hard or easy (more hard though) as you want. They have a lot of stock jeep rubicon tj's running it, and making easy trails.....not to say the stockers dont take damage.

I want to do it later on, but definatly plated to the max.

Pictures are at my site on my sig.....also one of the videos below is the rubicon trip I believe.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I believe the NCRC does the Mini-Rubicon every October. I couldn't make it this year but it is about 2 - 1/2 hours from me so I am in next year if we get a group going.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
My brother-in-law does the Rubicon every year. It can be very challenging, or fairly easy, depending on what lines you take and what bypasses you take. It's as hard as you make it. One thing that makes it kind of tough is that the entire trail is typically a several day excursion. Broken LR parts will be hard to come by so you should bring spares and some good improv. ability.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The gate keeper is pretty gnarly from what I remember of it last year, 04. Expect damage from mild lifted trucks and sliders/protection a must.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.