Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Camurn
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an 04 disco 2 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to run just the fog lights without the headlights. Right now they only turn on if the headlights are on and the truck is running is there a way to bypass that or tap into the running light line? Thanks - cam

· Registered
380 Posts
I don't think you can run them while the truck is off, but you can turn the headlight switch once instead of two clicks for the headlights being on. I have an 01 D2 though, I turn it once and I can turn mine on, Im not sure if they are the same.

· Registered
12 Posts
I never poked around on the LR but on my nissan i owned there was a way you could wire your foglights so they'd come on anytime you wanted. Car off lights off highs on so on and so forth I haven't looked around in this car though..

· Registered
73 Posts
The fog lamps are controlled by the BCU. Here are the possible settings from the RAVE:

Front fog lamps
  • None - The vehicle is not fitted with front fog lamps.
  • Main - The front fog lamps will operate if the headlamps are on main beam (high beam).
  • No main - The front fog lamps will not operate if the headlamps are on main beam (high beam).

From that list, it sounds to me like you must have headlights on in order to run the fog lamps.

Your dealer must configure the setting.

· Registered
17 Posts
Bcu

The fog lamps are controlled by the BCU. Here are the possible settings from the RAVE:

Front fog lamps
  • Main - The front fog lamps will operate if the headlamps are on main beam (high beam).
  • No main - The front fog lamps will not operate if the headlamps are on main beam (high beam).

From that list, it sounds to me like you must have headlights on in order to run the fog lamps.

Your dealer must configure the setting.

So t is possible that my BCU could be programmed to not allow Fog Lights to work at all if I installed, dropped in a relay...and connected them to the existing factory connectors under the wheel well?
I have been going crazy trying to get these things working the way I have them wired and dont want to change it if I can help it.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
3,198 Posts

Front fog lamps
Crazy. Why would anyone in their right mind want fog lights on with the main beam? It completely defeats the purpose of fog light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.