Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 disco 300 tdi. it starts and idles but when i give it throttle it revs ok but cuts out instead of coming back to idle. ive drained the sediment bowl replaced the fuel sender and fuel lift pump and checked the fuel lines but it still wont idle. solutions needed urgently.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
steve w said:
i have a 96 disco 300 tdi. it starts and idles but when i give it throttle it revs ok but cuts out instead of coming back to idle. ive drained the sediment bowl replaced the fuel sender and fuel lift pump and checked the fuel lines but it still wont idle. solutions needed urgently.
By sediment bowl, do you mean filter? If not, it sounds like a clogged fuel filter.

One other possibility - probably not but it should be ruled out - is a vacuum leak. With the engine idling (and not too hot) spray the areas where there are vacuum lines with some type of carburator cleaner. If the engine revs up, the cleaning solution is being sucked into the engine and there is your leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.