Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy guys,
I have a quick question with regards to getting the fuel mixture right on my thirsty :beer: s3 2.6L. I have had the carbie rebuilt but I can smell petrol in the exhaust still. which way do I turn the adjuster underneath the stromberg carbie and by approximately how much should I be able to turn it with out it coming apart.. I have mucked around with it a bit but it doesn't seem to really do much. It seems to idle very well at the moment. The fuel smell and lilttle puffs of black smoke seem to be particularly bad after doing some four wheels driving.
I have only just got my speedo working and it has made me realise just how bad the fuel consumption really is!
Thanks for the help,
Dick

· Registered
317 Posts
DickFox,
Yeah, I have to tear into my Zenith again to ascertain why she's running on the rich side too.

I'm not familiar with the stromberg, but the next thing I'm going to check is to verify that my choke is closing an opening completely. I have a feeling that the choke butterfly isn't opening completely when the choke is all the way off.

I've fiddled with the idle mixture screw, so that seems ok...

So, what is your choke situation?

Bogatyr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.