Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Nothing yet. I purchased the Landy 2 months ago knowing all the problems. I love it. Will have to wait for winter to go away then will remove rubber trim and explore possibilities. My Landy is also due for new paint.
White is not the best color in Country that does have 4 very extreme seasons.
Anyway it's never a big problem with this type of vehicle. I also own a X-MOD1971 Serie IIA and rust was never a big issue. I saw a while ago a product call "Navy gell"
I used it and it did stop the rust. Bottle is empty and do not know where to find it. Will investigate.

· Registered
43 Posts
Disco Dan, mounting depends on how much rust you have, structural vs surface

Andre- you want Navel Jelly, controls rust, get it from any auto parts store

for any rust you do have, for now, spray oil on the rust area, helps keep out water and O2 wont stop the rust just slows it down till you can get rid of it, I use Wurth's HHS 2000 , its a spray oil/lubricant - Andy

· Registered
72 Posts
rust in alpine window

The first thing with the rust is to get it as early as possible. If the rust is still under the rubber, take out the window by removing the rear seat belt upper mounting bolt. Then remove the rear speaker and then remove the plastic panel to gain access to the inside of the alpine window. From the outside stand on a ladder and remove the spreader strip which is in the rubber window surround on the alpine window. Once this is removed it is easy to take the glass out,then remove the rubber surround. You should now have a good view of the damage. If the damage is not too much grind off all the loose rust,inside and out, and then apply a chemical rust converter let it dry and keep re-applying untill you are confident you have converted all the iron oxide(rust) to phosphur of iron. Then take it to an auto spray shop and get them to match the paint and spray the inside and outside. When putting the window back in use some windscreen mastic/putty under the rubber. REfitting the spreader strip in the rubber is not difficult if you use a bit of spray lubricant. Hope it is of some use,I used this proccess and the rust has not re-appeared after 3 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.