Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: I just bought a 2004 Discovery SE7 (still under warranty) and have noticed some rust in several places. Some of it hasn't broken the paint surface yet. My question is whether it's covered by the warranty? Any advise/info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
should be, depending on where it is happening (you didn't specify).

I found rust within a year of ownership on the seam on my firewall. Not covered under warranty (WTF) Also, the metal plates behind the rear wheels are very rusty, those are not covered either. I guess it only covers outside body panels.. If you find out differently, let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be more specific there are three areas where I've noticed rust starting. One is on the inside of the gas lid. Secondly, there is some rust developing on the inside of the passenger door, behind the driver, below the paneling. And, thirdly, the "alpine" window on the passenger side has a "cancerous" spot several inches up from where you'd expect a problem. It's not at the base where you'd expect moisture to collect? More than anything I'm concerned about the future problems I may encounter with rust. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow and will post specifics as to the outcome for others to benefit. :complain:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.