Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one tried these?

I really like the look of them, but bring one to Aus will cost me a mint.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Why don't you consider having a welder make you a bumper? I di and I like what I came up with, you can do your own thing and save alot of money.
Mike J.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think it looks cool. Mine came on my 97 Discovery when I bought it used in 99 with only 6,000 miles on it. It had been on loan from the dealer to the Beverly Hills Police Dept for the DARE (Dare to keep kids off drugs) program. I'm in the process of trying to get pictures from the dealer with all of the DARE decals etc on it. I guess they loan the BHPD a new Rover every couple of years. Michele

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw one of those SG bumpers on the trail in october. Great bumper, but yes, quite $$$$, and even more when you add their skid plate $$$. Disco Mike has the way to go, and a nice bumper to show for it. I plan to go that route myself, just need to befriend a welder who can fab metal well. . . LRW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DM, I was thinking of going that way, but Im wooried about it interefering with the airbag. Does yours have an airbag?
I was thinking about making one myself, but I need to beable to make it compatable with the airbag, or no insurance :(
I like the LR ones too, but theyre a bit pricey, might have to look on ebay.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Your best bet is to get a factory bumber guard. And have the dealer install it. That way it will not interfere with the air bags and will not void any warranties. I know it will cost some cash, but it will cover your back side if anything goes wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts