Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to popular demand, Safarigard is considering reintroducing their custom springs. These are two-stage springs, which provide approx 3-3.5" of lift, yet are extremely flexy, and drop out like crazy. You have seen the performance of these springs on several of my posts:
http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4947&highlight=chutes

SG is trying to get a feel for the market & how many people would be interested. I'll get some pricing information soon. But as a test of the waters, please let me know if you have interest.

· as good as it gets
331 Posts
SCSL said:
Due to popular demand, Safarigard is considering reintroducing their custom springs. These are two-stage springs, which provide approx 3-3.5" of lift, yet are extremely flexy, and drop out like crazy. You have seen the performance of these springs on several of my posts:
http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4947&highlight=chutes

SG is trying to get a feel for the market & how many people would be interested. I'll get some pricing information soon. But as a test of the waters, please let me know if you have interest.

So SCSL,

You are running the SG springs?

I see some mad flex in your pictures....I also heard that NorthWestParts were no longer going to offer the Big Blue 5" springs, so that pretty much leaves Rovertym as the only 5" spring solution...so that might be a market they are interested in as well as people start building there Rovers for larger and bigger tires.

I was going to go with some Rovertym 5" springs, but I have now about decided on a complete Axle change looking at Dana 60's and 80 for axle swap....talking to a guy who has done this on his Disco.

My only concern at all with SG is hearing bad things about their customer service or lacking of.

I would love to see SG get back in the spring game...the more suppliers of parts for our Rovers the better...but these little operations need to make sure customer service is top notch and comes first.

The KVT issue comes to mind...I mean the Heep guys get TOP NOTCH service and spend a 1/4 of the money with their suppliers, so why shouldn't we expect at least 1/2 as good of service as they get.

Let me clarify...I have not bought anything from SG...I like there bumpers and products though better than RTE, so I actually have no personal experience with ordering from them bad or good...I am just going on what has been passed down through the grapevine.

With that being said I have a $1,100.00 Trek Outfitters back bumper on my D1 and I had no problems getting it or installing it, but have heard some people have and have gotten crappy support from them.
http://www.trekoutfitters.com/discovery/ds1back.htm

Anyway...in closing I would say I hope SG does bring back their springs...we need as many sources to choose from as we can get. :)

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I am interesed...... I just don't currently have the funds...how much are they gonna be, do you know? I hope to be getting springs this summer!!!

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Funrover said:
I am interesed...... I just don't currently have the funds...how much are they gonna be, do you know? I hope to be getting springs this summer!!!

x2....interested, but no funds.

I was planning on going 3.5 or 4in in a year or soon....this of course would require tom woods driveshafts and Fox or another remote res. shock but that is the direction that I plan to head....after I get all the other stuff though....(ie. winch & HD bar....im getting sliders, diff plates, skids, etc. this winter)

· Registered
64 Posts
I am running SG's stage 3 lift on my D1 with progressive springs that would eventually need replacement. A Great suspension setup that develops extreme articulation and increased range of traction to offset need for lockers or Traction Control electronics.

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I've never heard of anyone having bad response from Trek- They return my calls same day, every time. SafariGuard, well... let's just say I like their products and leave it at that.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I have to update.....it looks like after braking my OME shock/s and deciding to go 7100s that I am now looking at getting the larger springs.

This winter is looking like;

Bilstein 7100's
Tom Woods single cardan rear
Tom Woods double cardan front
QT Diff plate/skids front + rear

soon after might come something like 3.5-4" springs.....dont want to go 5"....have to change everything....but 3.5-4 would be nice after the driveshafts. Im hesitant on RTE.....perhaps if safarigard made some....though would probably be pretty pricy.

· Magicly Delicious
1,019 Posts
hows the spring rate on them?

i like the stiffnes of my stock springs, and wouldn't want to stiffen the ride too much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.