Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

on the verge of buying an ex MoD 110, there's a Defender Sankey trailer too that I may take also.

One question, What do I do with it?...hehe Any suggestions?

Can I convert it into a camper? What other uses?

TIA :lol:

· Registered
317 Posts
I was looking for a Sankey for a while to put behind the series truck. I could use it to haul more wood around, more garbage to the dump and more beer home...

However, here in the US the prices for Sankeys are just too high, most people ask about $1500 for them, thinking they are "special"...so my sights have turned to an army surplus m416...

But, my other option is to build my own trailer. I have a spare axle casing or two, hubs etc...I'll just need to build or repair a frame from one of the rotten rovers I have around here and build a quick little body for it...should be an interesting summer project if I ever get around to it...The advantage of doing it this way is that I'll have the same bolt pattern as the rest of the rovers, meaning I won't need any other spare tires/wheels polluting my limited garage space...

Bogatyr

· Registered
192 Posts
I'm after a sanky trailer some day for my 90.. I dont like carrying alot of stuff on the roof, makes the already top heavy landrover too top heavy.. When I start some serious touring I'll be pulling trailer instead of roof rack. Means you can dump the trailer with all the weight in and pop off for a little bit of seriouse off roading. The Sanky trailer will be easy to modify to have a secure lockable lid too.

Keep it mate.. trailer pulling in lue of roof rack is the way foward in my opinion....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.