Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
LR3 owners are a mix here ...I'd say 30% are great, 20% are alright, the rest are just plain rude!!

·
MG
771 Posts
Don't sweat the lack of love on the road - most of the folk, especially here, can't really tell the difference between a Land Rover and a Land Cruiser or an Overlander. They'd be waving at any SUV on the road, and that's just too much love.

In fact, here, they call any 4x4 "jeep"...

Go figure.

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know. I don't really care, but I do wish more people were into the cars they own, I mean the guy doesn't have to go 'wheelin, just appreciate what he has. I just thought I would I would bitch. And maybe I've been hittin a few beers since I got home, hey I didn't have anything to do today, and am doin some tipsy typin'. Dont judge me!! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
cellulararrest said:
Every single classic I've waved at has waved back. There's just something special about the classic ;)
In my opinion, you have to be a certian kind of person to drive and aprriciate a classic. Any body can drive a disco or a new RR, but only certain kinds of people love and drive classics. Usually, the driver of the classisc knows why your waving, your waving because you that certain type, too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Private Iron said:
I waved. No love. Fucker.
:lol:

It's all good man, I wouldn't want them to. Those things look like minivans.

There are way too many LR3's around here. :shifty:

·
2,986 Posts
Around me there are so many discos/lr3s/RRs on the road, its stupid to try to wave to any of them. But as soon as I see one with say a roof rack, or just a "look" that they are into it.. I definitely go out of my way to wave. Also if I see a lifted Heep that looks more than a show queen, i'll wave to them and they are actually great at waving back.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
cellulararrest said:
I've waved at so many Disco I's and gotten nothing back as well :bawling: Every single classic I've waved at has waved back. There's just something special about the classic ;)

AMEN!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm. LR3 are just really f-ing nice explorers, ya gotta cut the stupid bastards a break.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Private Iron said:
I waved. No love. Fucker.
its not the DI's, DII's, RRC's, LR3's, and RRS/RR's that piss me off when they dont wave; its the D90's that do.

You would think that only enthusiasts would love enough to keep a 10 year old vehicle with 50k+ on the clock that they could sell for $35k, or at least people that know about the LR heritage right???

For 6 months now ive been trying to get this D90 owner that lives a few streets off of mine to wave at me; ive tried mabye 30 times. I thought he was distracted every other time or something, or he couldnt see me, but just recently I saw him strait ahead, I made perfect eye contact with him and/while waving and he gave me such an ugly stare; no wave back.

WTF!?! A d90 owner!!

·
2,986 Posts
Honestly, I have the same exact problem with D-90s around here. My truck is very noticable that it's an offroader.. i've passed d-90s a bunch of times, even seen them kitted out with ARBs/winches/limb risers.. and i've beeped and waved, and they dont do anything back. I don't understand it.

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
keptin said:
its not the DI's, DII's, RRC's, LR3's, and RRS/RR's that piss me off when they dont wave; its the D90's that do.

You would think that only enthusiasts would love enough to keep a 10 year old vehicle with 50k+ on the clock that they could sell for $35k, or at least people that know about the LR heritage right???

For 6 months now ive been trying to get this D90 owner that lives a few streets off of mine to wave at me; ive tried mabye 30 times. I thought he was distracted every other time or something, or he couldnt see me, but just recently I saw him strait ahead, I made perfect eye contact with him and/while waving and he gave me such an ugly stare; no wave back.

WTF!?! A d90 owner!!
Those self righteous bastards!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
rmuller said:
Honestly, I have the same exact problem with D-90s around here. My truck is very noticable that it's an offroader.. i've passed d-90s a bunch of times, even seen them kitted out with ARBs/winches/limb risers.. and i've beeped and waved, and they dont do anything back. I don't understand it.
yep, ive tried the same thing with this one....actually, I think ive tried everything in the book up till now; friendly double beep (honk), flash lights, waving, waving out the window, I cant think of much more....

The most sucessful has got to be the double beep....with most people that is, this D90 guy is just a dick.

·
4,576 Posts
this guy lives near by...ive seen him on the road twice and i drive by his house everytime I go to my sisters house to look at his D90... the times we were on the road we were too far apart to even try the beep thing...and ive never seen him outside of his house...im aching to get off oneday, present myself,and hand him the 1 remaining LRO sticker I have here...

here's a picture of his....EXACTLY the way I wanted to get mine but im really diggin the soft tops now....

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I say go for it!! Offer LRO as a site but perhaps save the sticker untill you learn he is actually interested. Wouldnt want your $4 sticker to sit in a drawr collecting dust, but I guess if he puts it on right away...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.