Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
very disco
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I followed the YouTube instructions with taping and marking... as it turns out, if you look closely there are + marks embossed on the gutters indicating where to drill.

·
Bleeds Green
127 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what'd that set you back? I've been looking for one of those for a long time but always back down when I see the prices. Also, great tip on the little "+" signs!

·
very disco
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy was asking $200, but let it go for $160!!!! I suggested that I could buy some generic rack solution on amazon for $160 and he acquiesced.

I’d much rather have a voyager, front runner, or safety devices rack, but it was a tough sell with the wife getting these on.

super happy with them, four keys included

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guy was asking $200, but let it go for $160!!!! I suggested that I could buy some generic rack solution on amazon for $160 and he acquiesced.

I’d much rather have a voyager, front runner, or safety devices rack, but it was a tough sell with the wife getting these on.

super happy with them, four keys included
That's a good deal!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice, I‘ve had those racks on mine since ‘08. Never a problem and have carried kayaks all over the Midwest on them. They do whistle a little but I guess it’s safe to say all roof racks do.
The crossbars on mine are tagged as Front & Rear. I don’t think there is any difference in profile, just different lengths.

·
very disco
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I didn’t look closely but I didn’t see any F or R designation. Whichever way they went on worked tho!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine aren’t stamped F & R but instead each bar has a sticker on it indicating which is which. The front is worn but you can see what I’m talking about on the rear sticker. Both bars have the same part # so maybe there is no real difference. One useful bit of info on the tags is the max load. 68kg or 150lbs - whichever you prefer.

·
very disco
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh those are totally different than the labels on mine. I like those better.

and rules were made to be broken!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts