Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· MG
714 Posts
Very nice!

It would appear form that last picture that you've got the two wheel maneuvre down (did you have to buff out some scratches?)...

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That last obstacle at the chutes is unpassable for a Disco without body damage. In fact, I was there w/ the owners of two nationally known after-market fab shops. One took a pass. The other attempted but backed down after a great attempt.

Only one other guy made it up,,, in a D90 with a wheel about 5' in the air

I was pinned against my driver-side mirror,,,which I forgot to pull back. Good thing, too, because that damn mirror held the whole weight of the truck. After all that, the electric mirror still worked! Gotta love LR !!
Some scratches on the drivers-side rear panel by gas cap, and some minor damage to the left-rear corner of the roof. I expected worse so counted myself fortunate.

Bottom line is a guy in a Jeep on 35's fully locked up went up in a group before us,,, then talked some smack about how a Disco couldn't make it thru. So I felt compelled to carry some Rover honor thru the obstacle. :drive:

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GriffSC said:
the 4th pic down in the second set you posted is backwards but doesn't appear to have been taken through a rearview mirror. what's up with that?
yeah I saw that,,,they were sent to me in a weird format & I JPEG'd them,, this one somehow mirror-reversed (?) :dunno:

· Registered
734 Posts
Sweet pics.......I was curious what Heart Attack Hill looked like. Nice pucker factor..... :eek:
Too bad you did not have a steam cleaner with ya.......could have hit the underside in that one pic...... :clap:

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Hell Yeah!! That is what i am talking about........ Those are some aweet pictures. .. wish I was there..... You have made LRO very proud.. Keep on Wheeling
Now I have been on 3 wheels with a tire 4 feet in the air... But 2 wheels.... You're crazy!!!!

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
champ69 said:
interesting place to store the jack !

what sort of lift set up do you have on that ?
SG springs & Fox reservoir shocks.

I had to put the jack up front after removing the rack. I like it much better there,,,easier to get on & off w/out busting myself in the head,,,or busting my alpine window trying to get it off the rack mounting.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.