Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
looks cool, but if i rolled my disco w/ that thing, i'd knock myself unconscious on one of the bars lol, nothing alittle nerf-foam won't solve though.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Unless you wear a helmet and/or have a proper race seat, putting a roll cage in could cause severe head injuries. I see people putting roll bars and full cages in all sorts of cars. What they forget is that their head will be the first thing to come in contact with that cage. :confused

So, unless you plan on wearing a helmet, DON'T DO IT! If your seat or seatbelt fails and you hit that thing with your head, you are SCREWED!

Serg

· rovering??
672 Posts
just imagine if u were involved in a major accident and the doors and stuff wont open and that kind of stuff just imagine how difficult it would it be for the rescue team to cut through the mangled tubing.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Nah..the tubing is rather easy to cut through and in a big accident it will help protect the occupants. However, I still stand by the fast that roll bars and/or roll cages require helmets or at least proper racing style seats.

Serg

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Serg, speaking of which...my truck is paid off in 7 more days...I have always been interested in aftermarket seats (for the front). Do you know of any good aftermarket ones? Something that will accomodate the whole dual seatbelt (like in the racing cars).
Thanks

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Sure... tops on my list would be:

Recaro
Sparco
Momo

There are plenty more.. just don't buy the cheapest ones you can find. The brackets can be of questionable quality and can colapse. Expect to pay about $500+ per quality seat + $100 or so per bracket. This is for manual seats.

Serg

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
When I rebuilt my NAS110, I threw away the stock Land Rover front seats and used Corbeau.http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/pg_corbeau.asp (These people also sell Magnecor wires) There is a huge assortment of styles, but I went with a high back, high bolster seat. Very comfortable on a long trip.
The seats were about $300 and were immediately available, but they said there was an 8 week delay for rails to fit a LR, so I used the originals, and had 4 tabs welded to them. Perfect! It really sets it off. I also threw out the cheapass, vinyl covered plywood box they called a center console and got one out of NAPA, which is a real arm rest, twin cup holders, and 10 CD Blaupunkt fits nicely into it. With the engine off, and just parked, it makes you almost think you're in a civilized vehicle.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.