Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Len,
Just find one of the small lines that has vacuum, buy a 2 foot section of line to plug into that spot and using a pair of pliars toregulate the flow of SeaFoam, put the other end into a can of SeaFoam and slowly let the vaccum suck the fluid theu your engine.
Make sure to shut off the engine for 30 minutes before driving it.
Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Mike. Makes sense now.

You can put me on the list of people pleased with the results of the Sea Foam through the vacuum hose routine. Runs better and will be checking mileage on the next tank-full.

Thanks for all the posts and the opinions of all.

Len

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sea Foamed the Disco yesteray and only got a light cloud of blue smoke, and that was after the second try after I determined that I had not used enough the first time.

The second time I stalled the engine twice with no SES light. After I got the cloud of blue smoke in the drive way. I did a hard 20min run just to make sure and still nothing.

Is it possible that it is not that dirty. I do a lot of highway driving. I have
53k on it now. And the Disco is no stranger to highway miles. And has seen the high end of the tach quite a bit this week. Is it possible that the engine is just clean, or did I do it wrong???

I use about a foot of Fuel line and connected it to a vacum nipple on the left side of the intake manifold. There were two other vacum lines above it and there was actually another line connected to that nipple that I disconnected to Seafoam the engine. I use some needle nose pliers to regulate the flow and sucked it into the engine until the can was about half. I waited a little over 30min and then took it for a hard drive. There was no somke to speak of. The engine has actually feels quite strong I just wanted to do this for Preventative Maintenance.
where is this nipple? Any pic?
Also I had applied the sea foam without smoke results... but torque improved.
I know this is an old post so just crossing my fingers.
Thnaks

·
Expert Crate Digger
347 Posts
It's where the red arrow is but you can use any of the three vacuum areas in the pic to suck out the seafoam.

Reactions: CeeGeez

·
Expert Crate Digger
347 Posts
I’m sure it can be used there also but the sea foam spray is normally used through the throttle body/plate with the straw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m sure it can be used there also but the sea foam spray is normally used through the throttle body/plate with the straw.
I only ask, because when I applied it through the throttle body, it didn’t produce much smoke... but I did notice a good amount of carbon on the tailpipe. Is the smoke unimportant or did it not take the first time...? I did notice a boost in torque
thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
Never seen someone pop off the flexline and use that orafice but hey, vacuum is vacuum haha.

That rubber plugged/capped line (it's to the left and down an inch of the highlighted line mentioned above) was what I always used with I think a 3/8's hose and just suck up the can of seafoam and follow all the advice.

Speaking of which, I need to do this again haha

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I am not sure what is the big benefit of sea foam. It is just a lot easier to add injector cleaner into the fuel tank. It will clean the whole system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not sure what is the big benefit of sea foam. It is just a lot easier to add injector cleaner into the fuel tank. It will clean the whole system.
Well I was turned on by it due to the results that everybody is reporting... better mpg, torque, and a cleaner engine... sign me up.
I just don’t know if I’m doing it correctly, or if I should try the liquid over the spray.
I did the spray and no smoke, only carbon build up around the tail pipe...
So now I’m wondering if I should try the liquid instead... any opinions?
Thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts