Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I have searched the forums, but haven't had much joy.

I've spent months working on my Disco 2, finally got her to a point I was happy with... I thought "One more thing!" and I treated her to a Seafoam treatment through the inlet tube (after maf sensor,) she run fine, until I switched her off for 30 mins. As soon as I started her back up, I have a bad misfire. I've taken her for a drive to see if it would clear, but I'm sure it feels worse. I'm about to give up on the car! I'm losing the battle.

Also, I know most will say this is unrelated, but my 3 amigos have just come on at the same time too.

Any help please fellas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just bought some new plug for it... I checked using the advance auto scanner, also says oxygen sensor - circuit bank 1 Sensor 1.

I've also read about running more Seafoam through, maybe clear up some dislodged **** the first attempt moved. But I'm too weary now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay... So I've replaced all 8 plugs! No5 was damaged (ceramic centre core.) I've washed my K&N Filter with the filter refurb kit. I also sprayed the MAF with MAF cleaner. Waiting for my air filter to dry, before boxing back up and testing it out.

Now... I was going to ask about the wires which everyone keeps suggesting should be changed. I'm shaking my head wondering if there is some kind of "Fly by Wire" I'm unaware of. Anyway... with the help of my great friend Google, I figured out what the wires are - haha. Where I come from, we call them "HT leads," or simply "Spark plug leads." Thank God I didn't ask a stupid question somewhere :)

But I do have one question, looking at a diagram from another post, and following the "Wires," I found the coil packs, where I noticed one of the wires has almost popped off. My question is... "How the F*** do you get to them?" Because I can't get my pudgy fingers on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Okay... So I've replaced all 8 plugs! No5 was damaged (ceramic centre core.) I've washed my K&N Filter with the filter refurb kit. I also sprayed the MAF with MAF cleaner. Waiting for my air filter to dry, before boxing back up and testing it out.

Now... I was going to ask about the wires which everyone keeps suggesting should be changed. I'm shaking my head wondering if there is some kind of "Fly by Wire" I'm unaware of. Anyway... with the help of my great friend Google, I figured out what the wires are - haha. Where I come from, we call them "HT leads," or simply "Spark plug leads." Thank God I didn't ask a stupid question somewhere

But I do have one question, looking at a diagram from another post, and following the "Wires," I found the coil packs, where I noticed one of the wires has almost popped off. My question is... "How the F*** do you get to them?" Because I can't get my pudgy fingers on them.
LmAo! Pudgy fingers are not your friend when it comes to the D2 coil packs. You have to remove the upper inlet manifold; if you have the secondary air (SAI) system it is 2x tedious. All you really need is another upper intake gasket and a new set for the valve covers. The hardest part is removing & reinstalling the 4 bolts that fasten the coil pack bracket. They all have to go back in or you will end up with engine misfire due to poor grounding. I use a piece of plastic to hold the bolt head tight in the socket. Some people throw a board over the engine. You have to lay across the top on your stomach to get to those bolts on the coil pack.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
There are really a lot of mixed emotions about cleaning the MAF. Lots of folks say that it is absolutely the wrong thing to do. You might want to read some of the posts. I would not be surprised if you need to replace it with a new one. But for now I would wait and see; keep that in the back of your mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.