Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if and how well seafoam works on carbon build up also does anyone know the proper method to use it.... in oil and/or gas? how long do you run the car, and how long till you chang e the oil if thats where you put it in.. thx for any help

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know nothing of that product. I do use amzoil engine flush and intake cleaner though.

The engine flush you put in your oil then run at a mid level RPM for 20 min and then roll the vehicle into the engine bay for the oil change.
The oil will look like black gold.

Even if it looked like honey minutes before you poured it in.

Then the intake cleaner, you remove the intake hose and let the engine idle while you spray the intake cleaner foam into the intake. The engine may stall out, but you will figure out the rythem of spraying enough just to keep it running.
After emptying the contents of the can white smoke will billow out your tail pipe and neighbors with open windows will start cussing at you (FYI, I do it down the block by the neighbors I dont know) then you shut the engine off for 10 minutes and put the intake hose back on.
Smoke a cig then turn her on and haul ass as fast as you can down the road to get the last bits of crap out the tail pipe.
Whole process takes about 30 minutes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Aloha!

You can use Seafoam in your engine. Just before you change your oil. Pour it in your oil and run the engine for around 5 min. Then pull the drain plug. As for using Seafoam to fluch your engine is expensive. You can find something just like it for less. You can use Seafoam in your gass tank. I never used it so I can not say much on that subject. As for using an engine flush what kind of millage do you have. If you are over 50K you might not want to use the flush. It can cause some problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.