Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Series 3 lightweight with 2 bench seats in the back.

See motors reunited

Increasingly my children (Ages 7 and 4) want to seat in the back which I won't do because of the lack of belts.

Does anyone know the best way of:

a) getting hold of some that will fit?
b) what type - can you fit harness's or just lap?
c) any pictures out there to help re the mounting and fitting points.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
317 Posts
bluebossa,
I won't put my daughter in the back of the rover. I sold the seats because there just wasn't a safe way of putting a kiddo in there, IMO. In any kind of impact, having an inward facing seat will wreak havoc with a body.

I'd say if you are going to put kids in the truck, put them up front, or investigate putting a D90 forward facing bench in there. Make sure you use oversized backing plates as in any impact, I'd think the bolts would rip right through the aluminum.

Bogatyr

· Registered
11 Posts
I just got lap belts put in the back of mine, more to keep the kids from jumping about than for safety. Intresting point...I was talking to a person who works for Land Rover and they said that a law is being passed in the UK which means new cars can't have side facing seats..hence all the new disco's etc will be changed (if they are not already?).

· Registered
317 Posts
Benuk,
Yeah, the inward facing seats disappears in the Disco2, which was what, 1999?

I can see keeping those seats in the back of a series truck if you run the thing on a farm or your own offroad course where you want to bring some friends to the campfire...but not on an open road...

Bogatyr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.