Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the removal and relocation of the horn. coil and power steering reservoir tonight. So far it is going well.
I cut the ring around the reservoir, just behind the where it clamps together. I have already fashioned a piece of old lighting protection bracket hardware that I had from a data center install I did in Dallas a million years ago, that will hold everything.

I will post the finished product tomorrow after I have completed it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far...

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ..I already have the winch and I'm not sure on the stereo amp yet still looking. I also need to decide how I'm going to isolate the batteries electronically or mechanically.

I kind of like the idea of a 1-battery, 2-battery, both battery switch but I haven't wrapped my head around all the different choices yet.

Here are the mounting pics for the reservoir, coil, electronics. The bracket turned out to be copper which was plenty strong enough. I anchored the grounding strap to the end of it, so there are no grounding worries there...

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And here are the battery anchors that I installed. [Both holes were already there in the base, so no drilling was required for that step.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And this is the battery installed... wiring will be posted when I decide what I am going to do for isolation.....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.