Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another hobby. I am a ham radio operator and I enjoy looking for unusual radios, especially portable radios.

Found this .... download the PDFs where they say vehicle and see what SUV they choose to mount the radio.....a Land Rover.

http://www.qmac.com/downloads.htm

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it is not only for .....

Series 3 guy said:
I had no idea that Ham was on that scale!!! Looks expensive.cool too!!!! :buttrock:
Actually, it is for anyone who has the big dollars for it. That antenna has the automatic tuner builtin and it will operate on most hf frequencies and it is in use for military , ham , and some other unusual uses.

Look at the radios and see what the interior mount looks like. It is a very good looking radio.

73 to the hams out there,de Adam in NYC USA Kb2Jpd :drive:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
QRZ LR hams

I haven't been in a few years, but for many, made the pilgrimage to Dayton. The # of LRs in the various lots, motels etc was very high, with every conceivable antenna attached. There was a new RR with TWO texas bugcatchers, now there's a serious ham.
SBE made( or maybe still does) a little xcvr like that GMAC one. I'd like a 706G Mk2 but I'm too cheap to buy one new, and it's pretty complicated. (more than the driver can handle anyway) I have a High Sierra mounted on the ladder of the 110. MAgnetic loops have been around for awhile. I have a friend locally who has alot of experience with them. I've never heard of them going mobile, but why not.
Like yourself, I like odd stuff, commercial, Mil etc. I also collect (accumulate maight be the better term) Collins
73, K1ebs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.