Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm a diplomat, and I bought a Land Rover Disco II V8 in South Africa a couple of years ago. I brought it with me to my next assignment in Europe even though it's a right-hand drive car. I have now been unexpectedly reassigned to the States and am scrambling to figure out what to do with the Disco.

Because it's registered as a diplomatic vehicle, I can't sell it on the local market without paying crazy import duties. I also can't bring it with me to the States because it's right-hand drive and not a classic car. So basically, the least bad of my terrible range of options is to sell the car for parts. I have no clue how much it's worth as parts. Any ideas? I've had three amigos issues off and on and the ACE system is currently not working at all (I pulled the relay to avoid damage). Other than that, all systems are working, drives fine, has some nice General Grabber tires and a set of winter tires also.

Obviously, the value would vary from market to market, but I'm just looking for any ballpark estimate. I'll be lucky to get anything out if it other than a headache.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Actually, because you're a diplomat, chances are you'll be able to bring your Disco to the states. If I recall, there's an exemption for Diplomats.

This is all second hand info, but it's how a Mercedes Benz A class came to be registered in the states recently.

Here?s How A Guy Legally Registered A Mercedes A-Class In The US

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.