Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I recently removed my safari top from my 88' Series 2 and have been driving it around as an open convertible. Once I did this I noticed my ride is a lot more 'bouncy' - especially when the pavement becomes uneven. It didnt used to bounce like this with the heavy top on it.

Any correlation between a 'bouncier' ride and no top on? Any solutions to help smooth it out? My shocks are fairly new - only 10 months old.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Blasky

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Add weight in the tub.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have parabolic suspension? It's especially prone to this effect and you'll want to add some weight back there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions.

I was playing around yesterday and decided to let some air pressure out of the tires. I went from about 40psi to 30psi. I will see if that helps too.

In that regard, what are the best ways to add weight to the tub area? Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Blasky

·
Registered
361 Posts
...decided to let some air pressure out of the tires. I went from about 40psi to 30psi. ...
Why not go right down to 25 PSI like Land Rover recommends? I think they suggest a max of 28 in the rear when heavily loaded.

Weight in the back? Sand; gravel; tools; camping gear; bricks...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Get a few tubes of sand or concrete mix. The cheapest/safest way would be to just put the top back on. It'd suck to get in an accident and get nailed with a 50lb bag of concrete.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts