Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a new clutch in my 1966 series 2a and it appears the shaft going into the bell housing has been pulled out and re-indexed and this is letting the arm running down hill not allowing the slave cyl. to not stroke enough to disengage the clutch . The prior owner had started installing a new clutch but gave up after buying the wrong clutch (so I have a 9 1/2 clutch for sale). This arm I'm talking about in all the pic's I've seen aims fwd. in about the 3 oclock position but mine is down around 4 o clock . This clutch is not the standard throw out bearing set up with a fork with a bearing mounted on it . Those of you with the series 2 may be familiar with this set up .
Hope someone can help me cause I can't wait to drive this thing
Thanks
mogger7

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I'm not sure how they re-indexed it. The two shafts are connected by a sleeve retained by a pin through each shaft. Did they drill them out again? Or did they just unscrew the yoke from the end of the SC push rod too far.
It's early, I'm having difficulty visualizing exactly how it is now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.