Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Here are a couple pics of my 1970 2A.
I brought it back from England early this year.
Still doing some more work on it at the moment. The next thing will be to re-build or replace the 2.25 diesel. :clap:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Brings back memories. My first Landy was a '71 2A, it was only a year old so not much ever went wrong with it. I drove that bucket for 7 years as my daily driver, sold it to a buddy who drove it another 5 years. It got reframed by the time He sold it, and damned if it isn't still running around NH. Oh yeah, I remember the rear main leaked just enough to get oil on the starter shaft so the bendix wouldn't engage when the temp dropped below freezing, but as long as I remembered to park with enough room in front of me to get the crank in, It never mattered. she always started on the first spin of the crank.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the springs are to be replaced next. Then it will be a tranny overhall and then the engine. Most everything else has been done. The frame was replaced by the person I bought it from in 1999. So it is in real good shape. That should about do it. Should last many years to come.

TJH :rellye

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kewl, did you put those rear windows in? Mine are solid and would like to fit a slider like you have in the pic. The color of mine is cond of a dark aqua. Painted by previous owner.

· 94 Defender 90
1,004 Posts
No they came that way actually. Maybe a north american thing? Ours is an NAS model. High compression engine. "deluxe" seats. Syncronized wipers.

Yours is great looking. love it.

there's the 109 on Nauset Beach in Cape Cod. It was stationed in Germany (as an ambulance) up until a few years ago. Rovers North bought a whole bunch on auction and sold them. That's where we bought it from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.