Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I got my grubby mits on another Forward Control to keep my 2A company! Its a 2B currently with a 2.6 petrol and is in very good nick having only 7945 genuine km on the clock. (If I've done things correctly you should see Rex in my avatar!)

Happy Days!!!!

Gavin

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2b Fc

Hiya Bhod

Yeah, It's an x-SADF (South African Defence Force) vehicle and according to the plate on the body it was originally a switchboard and the body was built in 1978. The plate under the bonnet says that the vehicle was built in 1974...That's 2 years after production of FC's had officialy stopped.
Rumour has it that 2B FC's were built till 1976 in S.A. This apparently occured under a special military contract.

S.A. 2B's differed from others in that they were fitted wth Salisbury axles front and rear whilst in std.form they were fitted with ENV's.
The transmissions fitted are the full synchro type (apparently the same as the 1 tonne box...???????) whilst they were normally fitted with the "semi-crash" box as std.

The vehicle is in very good nick with 8000km on the clock and is still standing on the original tyres.
The gutless 2.6 will be removed and fitted to my 2A FC and the 2B will be re-powered with a OM 602LA (Mercedes Benz 5cyl, 2,9 engine as fitted in the older Sprinters)

Later

Gavin

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Series 3 guy said:
She is a beauty Warthog!!!!!! It looks like lots of fun. :buttrock:
Thanks S3Guy, I think so too!!

I can't explain my sudden attraction to FC's!!!!!!
It might be that they are very thin on the ground... but then it may be that they just look very different.

I've previously owned 4 other Series vehicles but the FC's ...they're special!

Gavin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.