Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased my first land rover - a series 3 wagon and have had to rebuild the engine. It is an original 6 cylinder and sometimes when I am driving it the "cold start warning light" comes on. What does this mean?
anyone know?
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably either an earth fault or the switch on the cable is duff (technical term :) ). If you look in the engine compartment you will see that the choke cable (cold start cable) has a switch over the outer sheath. Underneath there is a little button that is released when you pull the cable. If the switch is loose it could cause the light to come on. Not really a serious problem but could be annoying.

HTH

Ivan

·
Registered
46 Posts
This depends upon what you are doing at the time. That is, the cold start warning light is, on some at least, set to come on, not when the choke is pulled out for a cold engine, but when the engine warms up to a degree that the choke is no longer necessary, indicating that you should be able to run without choke. Obviously if the choke is not in use, the light should not illuminate. In this case there may be an intermittent fault in the switch mechanism or temperature sensing mechanism.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts