Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
There are several sites on the web with wire diagrams. Use your search engine. There is a Dutch one I found once that is CAD and in colour and in English. It was easier to follow than the little letters that mean the different colours and was very accurate.

Buy a bunch of "Firewall Grommets" (at least that is what they are called in Canada). Everywhere a wire goes through a hole, a rubber grommet goes. Put a wipe of "Di-electric grease" on EVERY fitting before plugging them together. If Mr. Lucas had discovered this before he got into the wiring business he would be a very famous man (rather than the infamous one he is now.)

Greg S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SafariRover said:
I have a copy of the wiring diagram, although it is not much help. Are you using a new harness or making one? Drop me a line if I can assist. I have rewired several, but mostly Series IIA
Roverito

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the process of installing a new loom in my series 3.All the loom is in place just connections to do. At present I have no dipped headlights but main beam and flash are working also sidelights are ok as are rear lights and brake lights. Also indicators and hazards do not work. There seems to be no power to starter as engine does not turn over. Starter is new, battery is charged, solenoid is new ,all indicator wiring and bulbs are new. I have posted some diagrams to see if anyone can point out any obvoius problems with the wiring. Many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.