Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a bunch of surplus LR (genuine) parts. Amongst it all is a brand new Load Space Protector for a Series II Disco. It's missing 2 of the four little rubber plugs, but otherwise new, never sold. I'll take 2 cases of Bellhaven Wee Heavy, or B'haven Scotch Ale.

Also have a pair of new running board side rails, with the hardware kit. The rails are the kind that look like a Stainless pipe, 2 1/2" diameter or so. One end is straight, the other bends inward. If you don't want to use them as side steps, you could make a neat sled with them. There may be one piece missing, but it's easily copied from one that is there. It's just a bolt sort of thing made from hex-stock. I think they are also missing the rubber treads. I'm not sure what car they're for, but look like they would fit a D90 or Disco. I'll trade them for a case of Guiness, the kind with the widget in the can.

This stuff is pretty much pick-up only, it doesn't ship well because of the sizes involved. But look at it on the bright side, I'll drink a bit of the payment with you.

·
Super Moderator
743 Posts
Boy, if you were closer to Minnesota I'd make the trek for the load space protector. I assume it is black?

Any chance you consider shipping?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this is the molded ABS plastic unit. Grey. I never saw one in black. I have one of these for my 110, but don't use it because the dogs keep sliding from one side to the other.

I get all the MN I need on saturday nights. Prarie Home Companion. What, you don't think we get winter here? I will admit, you get rediculous temps tho, Doesn't Embaress (Why would any town want to be know as Embaress?) hold this years record, -56F

I'll keep my eyes open for a suitable cardboard box. It's be big, but not heavy. You want to ship two cases of finast Ale?

·
Super Moderator
743 Posts
I'll have to look for the brands you mentioned, and then figure out a clever way to ship alcoholic beverages! :D

On a side note, it's been a pretty mild winter here, at least in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area. we've had only three snow storms that resulted in any accumulation, all of which has pretty much long since melted. It's currently a balmy 31 degrees ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Load protector

Terry Don't know what Bellhaven Wee Heavy, or B'haven Scotch Ale is. I'll have to look next time I'm at the packy.

Anyway I'm down in Colchester so shipping is not a problem. I'll even thow in some home brew though all I have right now is some wizenbeer :drink1: .

I'm going snowshoe camping in upsate NY this weekend but I'll drop you a line when I get back, and if you still have it we can get together.

Greg H.
'99 DII
'68 IIa 88" Bugeye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.