Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just had my 2000 disco fitted with the old man emi stiff ride shocks hoping to cure a swaying in my ride.

It happens a lot when I am driving fast on a ascending freeway or when I have my dirtbike on my trailerhitch rack or when the rover is loaded with 3 other guys.

After the shock replacement, it still sways a bit.

My mechanic thinks it is my tires.
He said thay are only 2 ply and are rated as more of a small suv/minivan rating.
They look big and have a tall side wayy and he thinks they are bouncing as I drive. I have had 3 flats in teh last year with these tires and I hardly drive more then 500 miles a month.

the tires are Luxury Pathfinder (made by kelly/springfield)
Ratings off teh tire are:
265/ 70 M+S
Tread 4 plys- 2 poluester cord 2 steel cord
Sidewall 2 plys- 2 polyester cord
GSWR 15451
Max load 2403

Thanks for the help.
I am bringing it in today at 130 so Americas tire can check things out.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hailsharky said:
Hey Guys,

I just had my 2000 disco fitted with the old man emi stiff ride shocks hoping to cure a swaying in my ride.

It happens a lot when I am driving fast on a ascending freeway or when I have my dirtbike on my trailerhitch rack or when the rover is loaded with 3 other guys.

After the shock replacement, it still sways a bit.

My mechanic thinks it is my tires.
He said thay are only 2 ply and are rated as more of a small suv/minivan rating.
They look big and have a tall side wayy and he thinks they are bouncing as I drive. I have had 3 flats in teh last year with these tires and I hardly drive more then 500 miles a month.

the tires are Luxury Pathfinder (made by kelly/springfield)
Ratings off teh tire are:
265/ 70 M+S
Tread 4 plys- 2 poluester cord 2 steel cord
Sidewall 2 plys- 2 polyester cord
GSWR 15451
Max load 2403

Thanks for the help.
I am bringing it in today at 130 so Americas tire can check things out.
Tires could be a problem, I like the BFG ATs.

Have you checked your rear swaybar bushings? I just replaced mine with the Orange bushes from Polybush and it made a big difference in the stability of the truck...

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Gordon and Inland Rovers went over everything and said the bushings still looked good.

Im going to bring the rover in for Americas tire to check it out.

They thought 3 flats in a year was odd as well and since I have a warranty I purchased on all 4 tires its in there best interest to just replace the tires now with stronger ones or keep replacing the ones I have now.

Thanks, over and out

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Americas tire os coming through and ordered 4 BFG AT with 8 ply walls for me.

I will have to pay the difference of 53 dollars a tire.

They are 173 a tire vs the 120 tire I had on there.
Not bad at all.

See what they feel like come Wed. Glad this worked out so well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.