Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Hi there!!!!That is a great 109!!! What is she powered with? How long have you had it? The 109 is my favorite Landy. I have an 1982 Series 3 109 safari and love it to bits! It looks like your going to have a great time with it. You should post some action pics of her soon. Welcome to the forum. :drink1:

·
Faster than the speed of hound...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've only had it about a week or so, but every day I can't wait to get out and do some tinkering. There are still a lot of little things to "fix". It was originally a 4-cyl petrol, but someone along the way shoehorned in a Holden straight-6 186cid (3 litre). It runs really smooth and has been converted to run LPG. Has 2 LPG tanks and also Free Wheeling Hubs. Since the straight 6 is longer than the 4, the radiator had to be moved forward, which means the bonnet is secured by a couple of brackets bolting it down to the fenders. I may or may not keep that system. Still deciding if I can live with it or not. The rubber latches sometimes seen on older Landcruisers or Jeeps may be a better option. Not a big deal either way.
Anyway, looking forward to many years of crawling around the Australian countryside.

George

·
Faster than the speed of hound...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, It probably doesn't go any faster than the 4. Those small 6s just don't wind up too tight. I'm thinking "Fairey Overdrive" sometime in the future!

George

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
GoldRover said:
Actually, It probably doesn't go any faster than the 4. Those small 6s just don't wind up too tight. I'm thinking "Fairey Overdrive" sometime in the future!

George
That is a GREAT idea. I have a Fairey OD in mine and it is fantastic. It realy makes all the difference in the world. I was driving back from the Billing show this year and was keeping up with the TDI crowd passing all my series 3 brothers like they were standing still in a2.25!!!! :buttrock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.