Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 1979 Series III RHD w/RRC axels, Disco seats and a Defender front end. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to convert a Series tailgate to a swing gate like on the Defender. I had just purchased a swinging tire carrier from a Defender 90 and was just going to connect it to my rear door when I came across a great deal on a tailgate. Any pictures or advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
here guys, take a look at my project page, i've down something very similar, which started as a 1975 series 3 88", which is now a 3.9v8 powered, series/rangerover coiler,

my tub came with a swing away series tailgate

which was just another hole with the standard hinge moved down

and a lift up catch on the left

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually came across a picture of a guy who actuall cut off the top of his rear door and it really looked good. It also retained the rear door latch and used the original hinges in their original placement. I have a spare door laying aroung so I figured that I would give it a try. I will post some pictures once I get her done.

·
Mikey-D
178 Posts
put some pics of your landy converting can you? im going to do the same to my landR series so can u help me buddy
Here is how my Hybrid has a custom mount, which opens with the gate swing...

Attachments

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I love those mach 5 rims

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a killer setup you got there Mike. I never thought about intergrating the door in with the carrier. Looks great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts