Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on getting my emissions test and the SES light is on. So I had the codes read. One was no activity on bank 2 sensor 1. So I switched the o2 sensor to the left side and had it checked again. That time it was bank 1 sensor 1 too lean. So I bought two new ones and out them in. Had the code reset and drove it around. The light came back on and now it's both front sensors. Does the computer have to have some time to reset?

· Mr. t
561 Posts
I always like to change my O2's together. It's expensive but it's the right way to do it.

Gives us the codes you had before and the codes you have now. Simply saying that it's an O2 code is half the story. If you keep coming back with no signal/no activity you might want to double check the wiring for shorts.

It's been awhile since I've dealt with 02's but I think there is a sensor out there that works better for our trucks than others. I'm assuming its Bosch, but you'll have to research a little further.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
11 Posts
I have been working on getting my emissions test and the SES light is on. So I had the codes read. One was no activity on bank 2 sensor 1. So I switched the o2 sensor to the left side and had it checked again. That time it was bank 1 sensor 1 too lean. So I bought two new ones and out them in. Had the code reset and drove it around. The light came back on and now it's both front sensors. Does the computer have to have some time to reset?
What kind did you buy? I bought cheap ebay sensors and got a no activity and a heater code. Switched to new Bosch sensors (as Mr. T suggests) and now all is good.

· Registered
11 Posts
They were 30.00 on am-autoparts. The codes are P0150 generic bank 2 sensor 1
And P0130 bank 1 sensor1
That's almost certainly the problem. . .for whatever reason these vehicles are too temperamental for anything other than OEM. Mine were NTK's in a Bosch box, which I think is common.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I took out the "new" o2 sensors and put the old ones back in to see if the codes changed. One if the new ones actually came apart while I was removing it.

The codes are different now. Still have P0150 generic bank 2 sensor 1 and the P0130 generic bank 1 sensor 1, but I now have P0171 system to lean bank 1 and P1171 system too lean bank a and b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.