Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched to the bottom of the internet to find out how to reset the Service Engine Light (aka. Emissions Maintenance Reminder) As several places suggest that I look under the right front passenger seat for a small brown box resembling a relay find the sticker peel it back and insert a paper clip... Also some say it is in the right front passenger kick panel... I have not been able to find it anywhere and I have yet to find someone specify the location on a 97.

I also read a OBD II scanner could clear it. Is that true?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I thought it was in the r/f kick panel.
How many miles are on your truck?
Mike J.

· Registered
490 Posts
On the Classic it is in the brown relay box under the seat. I honestly don't think you can reset it yourself in the 4.0 / 4.6! The button in the pass side kick panel is for the inertia switch / fuel cutoff. I think a dealer with the Testbook has to reset it. An OBD-II might be able to do so but not sure. Any independent Rover shop with Autologic or Rovacom should also be able to do this. The light serves no real purpose other than to be annoying and say you should see if you car needs new O2 sensors, or Catalytic converters, or a new fuel filter, etc--It is entirely emissions related and it comes on at a mileage interval automatically, and will come on again in xx number of miles.

Mine came on in the Classic-fine reset it under the seat.
When it came on in the 4.0 I took the instrument panel out and unplugged the bulb. The perfect fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.