Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pushed the truck hard today in traffic making up time and the Service Engine Light came on to stay. Just had her out of service less than three weeks ago. Any ideas where to start looking?

'01 Disco SE 25,000 miles.

Gordon :confused

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Gordon,
I wouldn't panic, how is it running? You may find that the light will reset after a certain number of start cycles.
When you were pushing it hard, how did it feel or respond?
Mike J.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco Mike said:
Gordon,
I wouldn't panic, how is it running? You may find that the light will reset after a certain number of start cycles.
When you were pushing it hard, how did it feel or respond?
Mike J.
Mike, thanks. She ran like a champ!!! No hestitation and pulled hard with plenty of torque. I thought maybe I had clogged something in the vacuum system or crank vent when some debris pulled loose. Just wild guessing. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Gordo,
Is it normal for you punch it once in awhile? If it was a little carboned up the ECU may have picked up on some misfires. Like I mentioned, wait and see how it acts tomorrow after a few starts.
Mike J.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could be the MAF

I just went round and round with the SES light. Came on after I punched it, went on and off for a couple of days then stayed on. OBD reader said bank 1 & bank 2 too lean. Went up to Robison in Springfield MA and he diagnosed it as the mass airflow sensor; a day later I was back on the road.

Greg H

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disco Mike said:
Gordo,
Is it normal for you punch it once in awhile? If it was a little carboned up the ECU may have picked up on some misfires. Like I mentioned, wait and see how it acts tomorrow after a few starts.
Mike J.
Mike, You we're right on. After two days the light has gone out. Let's hope it stays out while I go back to my moderate driving style. :) I couldn't be happier and koodos to you! :clap:

Gordon

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Gordon,
Nail it once in awhile, it will clean out some carbon and the ECU will become more used to it and not throw a light everytime you do it.
Mike J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.