Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Disco II. I just want to reset it to make sure it was just the gas cap. I think the guy I bought it from forgot to make sure its tight.

How do I reset the stupid thing? :confused My service manual hasn't shown up yet... :dunno:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Is this a "check engine" or a "service engine" light?

Go to Kragen and get a PocketScan... $69. Will let you read and reset Check Engine lights.. not sure about Service Engine lights.

Serg

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 'Service engine light'. How do I reset it? Can I just disconnect the battery to reset it?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Here's the method posted on another forum for a 2003 Range Rover. It maybe what you are looking for.

1. Press and Hold the Tripometer button.
2. Turn ignition to position 1
3. Information Screen flashes: "RESET : SIA MMMMM" ("M" equals miles)
4. Release and Press
5. Then Release and Press again

That's it.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disco said:
Here's the method posted on another forum for a 2003 Range Rover. It maybe what you are looking for.

1. Press and Hold the Tripometer button.
2. Turn ignition to position 1
3. Information Screen flashes: "RESET : SIA MMMMM" ("M" equals miles)
4. Release and Press
5. Then Release and Press again

That's it.
Give this a try this morning... nothing... must just be a Range Rover thing...

Anyone else? ;)

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
darkknight1999 said:
Its a 'Service engine light'. How do I reset it? Can I just disconnect the battery to reset it?
Assuming your code was just gas cap, you can disconnect battery for a good 5-10 min & it should clear the code. Serg's advice is dead-on though, code reader always a good investment.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SCSL said:
Assuming your code was just gas cap, you can disconnect battery for a good 5-10 min & it should clear the code. Serg's advice is dead-on though, code reader always a good investment.
Yeah I'll have to pick one up soon.

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I went to the local AutoZone and they scanned the truck and got the code. The code was PO734 (incorrect gear ratio) So I call the dealer and asked them about it. He said its just the MAS. He said it was fairly common. He said it would have to be replaced at some point but not to worry to much about it.

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
I hope after 6 years, he figured it out. :D

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol

Yes I solved this a long time ago. I ended up buying a nice scanner, for this and future uses.
To fix this I took the MAS out and carefully cleaned it. Solved the problem.

As it turns out I just sold my Disco about 2 months ago. It was a great truck. I was sad to see it go but I had bought it with my exwife and the new wife didn't really want it around. So I sold it.

Someday I'll get a another one. It was just to much fun ;) But you guys know that already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.