Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I RECENTLY BROUGHT MY 2003 RR IN FOR 45K SERVICE, ANYWAYS THEY PUT "100 MILES" ON MY RR AND I ASKED THEM WHY THEY SAID ,TO FIND OUT WHY THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WAS ON. THE CATALYC CONVERTER WAS CAUSING THIS DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL OR DID SOME ONE AT MINNEAPOLIS LANDROVER DO A FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF IN MY SUV??????????????????????? :dunno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to collect my work Ute a Toyota, and arrived early.

The Ute was not back yet.

I was told it was being test run.

Ute arrived back I was thrown the keys, and a moment latter bailed up at the door. as under the tarp were boxes and new tires for others.

It looked like the Ute was their daily deliver runner.

Kev

·
Registered
590 Posts
Did you ask the Service manager and the Dealership manager? They have to cover there arses and dont mind firing someone just to keep the peace between a customer and a dealership.

I think I would raise a little hell over 100 miles. All they had to do was let the engine idle to get the cat hot.

Tell us they at least replaced the gas...? :dunno:

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is not good at all.

I would also think all they would have to do is plug in the computer to get the code that threw the 'Check Engine' light off the ECM. :confused

But I have to laugh, when I was 17 and a Car Jockey at the local Lincoln Merc dealership, I got cought by the owners of the Town Car I was sitting in behind a strip mall eating pizza. I was behind the mall hiding and they still cought me :eek: . When ever we had to get parts or pick up another car at a shop we used the customers cars. This day and age I would hope this practice would have changed. When I was 17 it did not mean a thing to me.....now in my mid 30s :eek: and having to pay bills for a living that would have pissed me off to no end.

So, I am pulicly apologizing to all the Lincoln car owners in Northern New Jersey. :drink1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.