Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im a bit paranoid about my leather in my DII and Ive been considering seatcovers. I dont want normal ones because they are pretty coarse and abrasive and there would have been no point in getting leather if I had uncomfortable seats, so I saw these sheepskins.

Sheepskin Seat Covers

What do you guys think of them? My girlfriend says they look "getto" (whatever that means), but the description sounds perfect for what I want.

PS. No dirty Jokes RoverX! :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't like the look either, listen to your g/f.

I have the LR waterproof seat covers on my 96 D1 and they are well worth the money. On my 95 D1 I run a different waterproof seat cover, it's a bit thicker than the LR ones but are not fitted (don't fit as snug as the original ones).

Plus, when the sheepskin ones wear down they start to look like sh$t.

BTW, my father used to manufacture the sheepskin covers in Brasil, Uruguay and Argentina...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I do have to admit that they are nice and warm in the winter, and women with short skirts love them... :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the sheepskin covers on my 89 RRC ( it came with them.) They were comfortable but felt bulky underneath me. My wife hated the way they looked. Why are you worried about the leather? I dont understand why you would cover perfectly good seats. Is it to keep them nice? What is the point of that if you cant see them under the covers anyway? Mine are currently covered with waterproof covers because the leather is worn out and the covers look better.

Not trying to insult you, just something I have been curious about for some time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Atlantic British covers. They are nicely made sheepskin all around and feel soft and warm. I love them. It takes years for them to wear out, I know from experience. Then maybe its time for new ones, I don't tink they look ugly when they are worn. Cheaply made ones will look ugly these are not cheaply made. Leather in the winter is cold, do your seat heaters work? In summer leather is wet and sweaty, it really is not a comfortable material. The cloth seats in my 88 rrc are much more comfortable then the leather in the 95.

Go for it, oyu will love them.

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Panzerjaeger,
I feel your pain. I like the sheepskin. I thought it would be protection for my leather as they are expensive to replace....but ugh! the price of the sheepskin is up there. Although I am not in love with the way they look, maybe after they are fitted they may grow on you. I am still contemplating getting mine.
I dont think you will lose out by getting them especially if thats what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.