Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
first gear for me is usally 1800 rpms, Second is around 2600, and so on....

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Well, I say it's always good to rev her up to 4000 at least once per day. A retired landrover underwriter told me to do this. He says too many of these engines are babied and they are meant to run. He said they are built to handle tough conditions as long as they are well maintained. I have to agree with him. The rougher - as in occasionally putting the hammer down, offroading, pulling ****, etc... - she just seems to run better. I babied her for a while since gas prices are so high but she started to run a little rough. So back to driving like a bat out of hell...and now she runs smooth.... and to top it off... I get the same gas mileage as I did when I babied her! Yippeee! :buttrock:

· The Winnipeg Thrashers...
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen mine shift at 1000 + or -. Too early? I think. I know what you mean RoverX. Once I get a couple issues sorted, this thing will rock. :banana:

· Registered
5,468 Posts
1000?? damn man, shift it manually if you have too. I usually keep it in 3rd gear all the time unless I go over 45mph or stay over 40 mph for an extended amount of time. I like it to shift between 2500-3000. Pulling onto the freeway....3000-4000. Seems to run better that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.