Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this thread belongs here or in "The Lounge" but here goes...

Has anyone found a good way to ship (large) parts from the UK to the US?
Several years ago on a trip to England I picked up a bunch of pieces/parts at a Rally and brought them back in my luggage, actually I purchased a cheap suitcase just for the parts. I remember being worried about answering questions about the T-handled military shovel and recovery rings clanging about, but fortunately didn't get stopped in customs.
I don't think I can get away with that nowadays and besides, the parts I want now are bigger.
Specifically, I'm trying to find a way to ship a Series tailgate assy, some wingtop protectors, grill and maybe even a hoop set. My wife wants a bunch of stuff too, pretty much boring junk, like her record collection and some other thing still at her Aunt's house in London. ;)

I know UPS will ship, but it's damn pricey as is the mail. I mailed some wingtop protectors for my D90 once and they cost more to ship than I paid for them. Still cheaper than purchasing them here in the US though.

Any ideas, anyone :dunno:

Thanks,
Art Vigil

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
I looked into shipping an LPG conversion for Texas Rover the shipping alone was just over $1000

·
Registered
291 Posts
if you can wait, use a frieght company. I had some stuff shipped here from england, not even big stuff, and it still cost me $120, but like you said its much cheaper still than buying it from here

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone

I appreciate the replies, I'll look into the suggestions. I've also thought about purchasing a Series vehicle and packing it full with parts then importing it here and selling it off once I got it home.
One of my biggest problem is being land-locked here in Denver, I'm nowhere near a port. <edit> but I've got a nice amber ale in my hand :beer:

Again thanks all,

~Art Vigil

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you know anybody who is active duty military and will do you a favor, they can bring those items in a household goods shipment. When they transfer to a new duty station the military will pack the entire house and ship it at government cost. I plan on getting a bunch of parts back to Hawaii when I finish here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.