Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever shipped there Rover to England or anywhere in Europe for that matter. I wanted to take an extended vacation over there, and take my Rover. How was your shipping experiance and prices? Did you stay along for the boat ride or fly over later when the arival date was? Any "customs" problems? Do they inspect your vehicle before they let you drive around. I just want to know what I am getting into? Or should I wait until things cool down over there, Ha, when ever that will be :dunno:

· Too much money,not enough sense
148 Posts
For what it would cost

youd be better off buying one used whilst over there...
m,

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I have to agree. I had a quote a year ago to ship my 110 to England from an east coast port and if I remember correctly, it was about $2200 each way. Anything not bolted down will get stolen and no personal belongings like luggage can go in the vehicle. It wasn't worth it.

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
A good friend of mine shipped his Ferrari 456 to Paris in a sealed SeaLand container. It was sent via ship approx 2-1/2 weeks in transit. +/-$5,000 USD.
It is less expensive to ship it without putting it in a container, but it is much more subject to damage.
There are limits on the length of time the car can remain in Europe before you have to pay taxes of the value of it there.
Also, be aware that in addition to keeping insurance on it here you need insurance to cover it in Europe and while it's being shipped.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Most people use RO/RO (Roll On Roll Off) that way you can load up your vehicle with all your gear but as Terry mentioned things might get stolen. Also, you probably need a Carnet de Pasage to travel between countries (you might want to lock into this). Check out websites like Travelswithrover.com or Lodzi.com and see what they did...

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input people!!!! You know I could just buy one over there..... I think that would be much simpler! Then I could by a diesel, YEA!!!!!! :D :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.